|Department of International Magical Cooperation|
Cooperation between magical nations
British Wizarding Government
The Department of International Magical Cooperation is a division of the Ministry of Magic which, as its name suggests, tries to get wizards from different countries to work together. It is closest to the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office in the Muggle World. The duties of this department are to work with magical governments of other countries, set standards for trade, create regulations for things like cauldron thickness, interpret international magical law, work with Department of Magical Games and Sports on the Triwizard Tournament, be present at the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats.
The department is located on the fifth level of the Ministry of Magic, and includes the following divisions:
- The International Magical Trading Standards Body
- The International Magical Office of Law
- The International Confederation of Wizards British Seats
- Barty Crouch Sr. - killed by his son Barty Crouch Jr in 1995.
- The current head of the department is unknown.
- Percy Weasley - began his ministry career in this department as an assistant to Barty Crouch Sr. from 1994 to 1995, prior to his promotion to Junior Assistant to the Minister for Magic.
Behind the scenes
- This department can be considered the magical equivalent of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references