Dennis Aldermaston was a Ravenclaw student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1990s. He was usually seen spending time at the Library during the 1996-1997 school year. Preferring to work with Rubeus Hagrid, Dennis didn't like to study. His hero was Gilderoy Lockhart. In 1996 he wanted a new broomstick, which he hoped to receive from his mother at Christmas. At some point in his life he used Skiving Snackboxes.
- From 'Denys' or 'Denis', the medieval French forms of 'Dionysius'. Saint Denis was a 3rd-century missionary to Gaul who was beheaded in Paris. He is credited with converting the Gauls to Christianity and is considered the patron saint of France. This name was common in France during the Middle Ages, and it was imported by the Normans to England. It is now regularly spelled Dennis in the English-speaking world.
- "Aldermaston" is a rural village, civil parish and electoral ward in Berkshire, South East England.
Behind the scenes
- This particular student was only featured in the PlayStation 2 version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and the Nintendo DS version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PS2 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and references
- ↑ He was at least in his first year at Hogwarts during the 1993-1994 school year.