During the summer months of 1991, Dennis would go to Dudley's house every day, along with his friends Piers Polkiss, Malcolm and Gordon. This forced Harry Potter to spend as much time as possible out of the house, as they were fond of bullying him.
Behind the scenes
- Dennis was played by Christopher Rithin in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but his role was uncredited.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 he does not join his friends teasing Harry because he became too dizzy after riding on the roundabout.
The name "Dennis" comes from Denys or Denis, the medieval French forms of Dionysius. Saint Denis was a 3rd-century missionary to Gaul who was beheaded in Paris. He is credited with converting the Gauls to Christianity and is considered the patron saint of France.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Heard)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references