Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Peaceful, ape-like herbivores with the ability to turn invisible when threatened."
The Demiguise is a peaceful, herbivorous creature that can make itself invisible and tell the future which makes it very hard to catch. It is found in the Far East, but only wizards and witches trained in their capture can even see them. It resembles an ape with large, black eyes and long, silky hair.
Magizoologist Newton Scamander owned a Demiguise called Dougal who escaped from his suitcase during his visit to New York in 1926 and caused a disturbance in the Ginzberg Delaunay department store while caring for an occamy that had also escaped. He later found them both with a help of Queenie and Tina Goldstein, as well as No-Maj Jacob Kowalski.
Behind the scenes
- A Demiguise appears in the film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, played by Edd Osmond.
- Given the Demiguise was described as peaceful, it is most likely that they were classified as XXXX because of the fact that special knowledge is required to catch them, not because of any danger. Though Newt Scamander said that Demiguises do bite if provoked.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First mentioned)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site
- LEGO Dimensions
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and where to find them: The original screenplay - scene 91
- ↑ ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’: 43 Things to Know about the New Wizarding World Story
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ "'Fantastic Beasts': Meet the Creatures" at Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Official Site
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" at Pottermore - Isolt Sayre arrived with The Mayflower in 1620 and encountered a hidebehind after several weeks in the mountains.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2017 edition)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 90
|Professor: Bathsheda Babbling|
|Textbooks: Advanced Rune Translation · Ancient Runes Made Easy · Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms · Rune Dictionary · Spellman's Syllabary|
|Known Runes: Acromantula · Demiguise · Ehwaz · Eihwaz · Fwooper · Graphorn · Hydra · Quintaped · Runespoor · Salamander · Unicorn · Unknown · Mark of Merlin|
|Magical Creatures by classification|
|X||Flobberworm · Horklump|
|XX||Augurey · Bowtruckle · Chizpurfle · Clabbert · Diricawl · Fairy · Ghoul · Gnome · Grindylow · Imp · Jobberknoll · Mooncalf · Porlock · Puffskein · Ramora · Winged horse|
|XXX||Ashwinder · Billywig · Bundimun · Crup · Doxy · Dugbog · Fire crab · Fwooper · Glumbumble · Hippocampus · Hippogriff · Hodag · Jarvey · Knarl · Kneazle · Leprechaun · Lobalug · Mackled Malaclaw · Moke · Murtlap · Niffler · Nogtail · Pixie · Plimpy · Pogrebin · Red Cap · Salamander · Sea serpent · Shrake · Streeler · Winged horse|
|XXXX||Centaur · Demiguise · Erkling · Erumpent · Golden Snidget · Graphorn · Griffin · Hidebehind · Kappa · Kelpie · Merpeople · Occamy · Phoenix · Re'em · Runespoor · Snallygaster · Sphinx · Tebo · Thestral · Thunderbird · Troll · Unicorn · Winged horse · Yeti|
|XXXXX||Acromantula · Basilisk · Chimaera · Dragon · Horned Serpent · Lethifold · Manticore · Nundu · Quintaped · Wampus cat · Werewolf|