|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Defence Against the Dark Arts tower|
The tower has a "semi-circular" shape and is where DADA lessons are held and where the DADA professor's office is. Minerva McGonagall's office is located on the first floor of this tower. The Defence Against the Dark Arts staircase runs through the centre of this tower.
Behind the scenes
- This tower had stayed the same throughout the first five films, but in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the DADA Tower and Dark Tower were replaced by the Astronomy Tower. The contents of this tower were moved to the inside of the Astronomy Tower. This tower was going to appear at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but was replaced by the Astronomy Tower instead.
- Although the books do not state where McGonagall's office is, it can be seen in the films.
- Upon close inspection of the DADA classroom, one notices that the room curves very slightly along its longer side. It is unknown how this architecture can fit into the shape of the tower - one can only assume it is accomplished by magical means.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First explored)(PS1 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)