|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Defence Against The Dark Arts staircase|
This staircase is one of the largest staircases in Hogwarts Castle. It is located in the Defence Against the Dark Arts tower starting on the ground floor and going to the top of the tower. At the bottom is the One-Eyed Witch Passage, on the second floor is the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor's office, and on the third floor is the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom .
After their first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson in their fourth year, Harry Potter and his classmates walked back down this staircase. Then, Bartemius Crouch Jr. posing as their then-teacher Alastor Moody stopped Neville Longbottom and subsequently gave him the Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean book which later helped Harry Potter to succeed in the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Although the tower where this is located is replaced by the Astronomy Tower in the film and video game adaptations of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the contents still remain.
- The scenes in this staircase were filmed in St. Paul's Cathedral, Ludgate Hill, London, England, UK. The set used for this staircase was the one used for the Divination Tower staircase in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
Notes and referencesEdit