Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hogwarts Turris Magnus is among the largest towers of Hogwarts Castle. It stands next to the Viaduct Entrance, overlooking the Suspension Bridge and the Training Grounds. It has a semi-circular shape.
The tower is home to Minerva McGonagall's office on the first floor, the third floor and Serpentine Corridors, Classrooms 3C and 7A, Lost Wands store and the Ghoul Studies classroom on the third. A staircase runs through the centre of the tower.
Behind the scenes
- The "turris magnus" (great tower) of a medieval castle was usually the largest, most impressive tower of them all.
- In the PS1 version of Chamber of Secrets, Harry gets to explore the tower from bottom to top, in which Harry is set into a time-challenge where we have to get to class in time.
- There is a Defence Against the Dark Art's Store Room, a room with a lever that connects to a triple door room into the Professor's office and the tower's entrance, as well as a room called Warning! Keep Out! Dangerous Creatures Inside!. These many weird corridors may fit in with magical means.
- This tower had stayed the same throughout the first five films, but in film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the DADA Tower and Dark Tower were replaced by the Astronomy Tower. The contents of this tower were moved to the inside of the Astronomy Tower. This tower was going to appear at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but was replaced by the Astronomy Tower instead.
- Although the books do not state where McGonagall's office is, it can be seen in the films.
- Upon close inspection of the DADA classroom, one notices that the room curves very slightly along its longer side. It is unknown how this architecture can fit into the shape of the tower - one can only assume it is accomplished by magical means.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First fully explored) (PS1 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First identified as Hogwarts Turris Magnus)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)