|Defence Against the Dark Arts professor's office|
The office used by the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is located on the second floor of Hogwarts Castle It is connected to the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom by a small stairway.
It's unknown when Professors began to occupy this office, as it was not in use during the tenure of former Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor Galatea Merrythought, who retired in 1945, who occupied an office on the sixth floor, although this may be from choice, rather than need..
Professor Quirinus Quirrell used this office during the 1991–1992 school year. He had african tribal masks hung on the walls, alongside a large bookshelf with not only books, but what appeared to be skulls. He had a telescope facing the window, and turbans and cushions strewn on the floor.
Gilderoy Lockhart used this office during the 1992–1993 school year. He decorated it with pictures of himself, until he was pressured by his colleagues to enter the Chamber of Secrets, to save Ginny Weasley. At this time he stripped down his own office in an attempt to escape, only to wind up in St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries after a Memory Charm backfired on him from Ron Weasley's first wand, that was broken.
- "The surfaces had all been draped in lacy covers and cloths. There were several vases full of dried flowers, each one residing on its own doily, and on one of the walls was a collection of ornamental plates, each decorated with a large technicolor kitten wearing a different bow around its neck. These were so foul that Harry stared at them, transfixed, until Professor Umbridge spoke again."
Dolores Umbridge changed the office nearly beyond recognition, going so far as to paint it pink and completely remodel it in a frilly fashion. During the rebellion of the students, Lee Jordan slipped Nifflers into the office, causing the entire place to be wrecked. When Umbridge became headmistress, since the gargoyle of Dumbledore's office refused to let her in, she was forced to remain here. Due to the Ministry of Magic's interference with Hogwarts, Umbridge's fireplace in this office was the only one in the entire school not being watched by the Floo Network Authority. Harry broke in here twice in order to use it to contact Sirius Black.Amycus Carrow taught this class as the Dark Arts professor during the 1997–1998 school year, although it is unknown if he used this office.
In 1998 and after
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC or GBA version) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Door only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (Door only (Interior appears in GBA version only))
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Door only) (Flashback on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter LEGO Sets
Notes and references