Dave Monk was a reporter for Metro, a British Muggle newspaper. He wrote the front-page article of the 12 August, 1995 issue, about the birth and recovery of his two sons, Tom and Jack, who were delivered prematurely.
Behind the scenesEdit
- David Monk is the deputy editor of the British newspaper Metro in real life. He wrote a blog post explaining that newspapers are sometimes asked to create mock front pages to be used in film and television productions. A preliminary front-page mock-up featuring a fake article was given to Metro by the Harry Potter production team. Monk tweaked the design so that it looked more like a genuine issue of Metro, and added his own name to the mock article's byline, as the original author had not included one. He does not have a wife named Tilly or twin sons named Jack and Tom.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The age of majority in Muggle Britain is 18 years. To be working for a newspaper in 1995, this individual must have been 18 or older at the time.
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- ↑ "About" from Shipmonk
- ↑ "How I discovered my secret double life in the Harry Potter universe" from Shipmonk