|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains of a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Dark Detectors are objects that can be used to detect lying, concealment, or even when Dark Wizards or one's enemies are around. However, they should not be relied on too much, as they can be fooled.
Known Dark Detectors
Harry Potter owned two sneakoscopes throughout his Hogwart's years. The first one he got from Ron in 1993 for his Birthday. In 1997 Hermione gave him a new one for his Birthday, as his old one was cracked and worn out.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Deleted scene)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter