Before 1991 (possibly)
Daisy Dodderidge (possibly)
By 1995, she guarded a shortcut, leading from the Grand Staircase to the Clock Tower, she was seen frequently complaining about her hunger or tiredness. By then, her password was "Chops and Gravy".
In the next school year, Damara's portrait was moved to another place in the Grand Staircase. Despite this move, she still guarded a passage to the Clock Tower, inaccessible to all, who had not got the new password: "Dashing Cadogan".
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Ohhhh, I'm too hungry. If you could ask Giffard Abbott — he's the portrait at the bottom of the Grand Staircase — to send some food along, then maybe I could help. Nothing much, just some chops, and a leg of lamb, some chicken and beef and maybe some cakes as well. Not too much. I'm so hungry."
- —Damara Dodderidge.[src]
Damara was known being always very hungry and tired. Many times she would ask fellow portrait Giffard Abbott for food. Her portrait at Hogwarts Castle depicts her like so, but by 1996 she seemed to stop constantly daydreaming about food and complaining about her tiredness. She said to be hungry once at breakfast time, though. Also by this time, she seemed to have developed a crush on fellow portrait Sir Cadogan, calling him "dashing".
Damara is the Celtic goddess of fertility.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Damara is voiced by Rachel Atkins in the fifth video game while in the sixth game she is voiced by Beth Chalmers.
- Damara Dodderidge may have died sometime prior to 1991, as many portraits hung at Hogwarts depict deceased individuals.
- It is possible that Damara is related to Daisy Dodderidge, the famed founder and first landlady of The Leaky Cauldron.
- Considering that she is named for the Celtic goddess of fertility, it may be that Damara Dodderidge's hunger and tiredness simply resulted from being pregnant.
- Damara's portrait was based on a c. 1615 portrait of Lady Elizabeth Pope, by Robert Peake the Elder (c. 1551–1619).
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First identified as Damara Dodderidge)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
Notes and referencesEdit
Armoury · Charms Corridor · Class 34 · Classroom 2E · Classroom 3C · Clock Tower Entrance · Flipendo Challenge · Lumos Challenge · Wingardium Leviosa Challenge · Gunhilda of Gorsemoor Corridor · Hesperius Hall · Jinx Rooms · The Tower · Library · One-Eyed Witch Passage · Storeroom · Third Floor Corridor · Trophy Room · Trophy Secret Passage · Turret Stairwell · Vastus Vestibule
Basil Fronsac · Brutus Scrimgeour · Damara Dodderidge · Drunk Monks · Google Flange · Gunhilda of Gorsemoor · Helena Ravenclaw · Merwyn the Malicious · Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington · Shepherdess · Temeritus Shanks · Valeria Myriadd · Witch in green · Witch in Pompadour hairstyle · Wizard in black · Wizard in red
Classroom 6A · Classroom 6B · Corridor · Disused bathroom · East Wing · Empty classroom · Floor 6 Bonus · Glanmore Peakes' Corridor · Horace Slughorn's office · Room of Rewards · Storeroom · Writing Supplies Room
Damara Dodderidge · Edgar Stroulger · Edessa Sakndenberg · Glanmore Peakes · Selina Sapworthy · Skeleton in a top hat · Portrait in storeroom · Temeritus Shanks · Vindictus Viridian · Wendelin the Weird