Cameraman for the Daily Prophet
- "A paunchy man, holding a large black camera that was smoking slightly, was watching Fleur out of the corner of his eye."
- "Out of the way, there. This is for the Daily Prophet."
- —Bozo treats Ron Weasley inconsiderately in pursuit of the perfect shot.[src]
Bozo covered Gilderoy Lockhart's book-signing at Flourish and Blotts in 1992, and was so single-mindedly focused on getting a good shot at one point that he backed into Ronald Weasley, stepping on his foot as he snapped at him to get out of the way. When Lockhart saw that Harry Potter was in the crowd, he pulled Harry to the front and shook his hand, deliberately giving the photographer an opportunity to take pictures he felt would be "worth the front page."
Bozo was present at the wand weighing ceremony preceding the 1994 Triwizard Tournament, accompanying Rita Skeeter to do a piece on the tournament for the Prophet. He appeared to be entranced by Fleur Delacour, as he attempted to bring her into greater prominence of the group shots he was taking, and was watching her out of the corner of his eye during the ceremony.
Later that school year, Bozo accompanied Rita on a visit to the Three Broomsticks Inn. While there, Rita conferred with Bozo on the possibility of spinning a story out of Ludovic Bagman being pursued by a group of goblins.
Physical appearanceBozo was described as "paunchy".
- A bozo is a foolish or incompetent person.
- The Tagalog word boso which means 'to maliciously watch/peek at somebody through a hole or slit.' 
- Bozo is also the name of an iconic American clown, and is at times considered a generic term for a clown.
Behind the scenes
- Bozo was portrayed by Peter O'Farrell in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Robert Wilfort in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- The photographer from Chamber of Secrets is not identified as the same wizard as Bozo in the books. Pottermore, however, confirms them to be the same character by giving them a singular entry that describes them being the same person.
- In the second novel as well as the GBA version of the video game, Bozo was shown to have a rude personality, but in the film adaptation, he appears to have good manners.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First identified as Bozo)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Pottermore - Daily Prophet Photographer
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 18 (The Weighing of the Wands)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 24 (Rita Skeeter's Scoop)
- ↑ Bozo on the Merriam-Webster dictionary
- ↑ Filipino - English definition of Boso
List of articles · Magical Symbols Game · Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw · Me, Myself, and I · Weekly zoological column · Bestseller List
|Editor-in-chief: Barnabas Cuffe|
Security Editor: R. Amorin
Reporters: A. Fenetre · Andy Smudgley · Betty Braithwaite · Chief sports writer · E. Limaria · E. Limus · Emma Squiggle · M. Amerinus · M. Carneirus · R. Almeidas · Rita Skeeter
Columnists: D. Shaman · E. Limus · Dr. Medusa · Dempster Wiggleswade · Grizel Hurtz · Helbert Spleen · Zamira Gulch · Winkus Oddpick
Correspondents: Rita Skeeter · Ginny Potter
Photographers: Adrian · Bozo
Newspaper vendors: Paper-owls · Ministry of Magic newspaper vendor
Magizoologist: Rolf Scamander