Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
- "...that's Bode and Croaker...they're Unspeakables... From the Department of Mysteries, top secret, no idea what they get up to..."
- —Bode's and Croaker's career choice[src]
Professor Saul Croaker was an Unspeakable for the Department of Mysteries, having spent his entire career studying time-magic. Croaker attended the 1994 Quidditch World Cup final, either attending with or meeting fellow Unspeakable Broderick Bode. Croaker was among the Ministry employees that passed by the Weasley family's campsite.
A "Croaker" is someone who habitually predicts evil; it has that sense because croaking is a noise made by crows and ravens, who are considered death omens, as they are carrion eaters.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
Notes and references