At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Credence Barebone was an American man who lived during the 20th century. He was the adopted son of Mary Lou Barebone, the leader of the New Salem Philanthropic Society, a No-Maj anti-witchcraft group.
He was described as "troubled" and "mysterious." Shy and withdrawn, this made him far more vulnerable to the abuse that came in response to the slightest infraction of his adoptive mother's strict rules. His timid personality also made him susceptible to manipulation by Percival Graves, who took a personal interest in him.
Behind the scenes
- Ezra Miller is going to play the role of Credence in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Initial reports said this character's name was "Kredan". When asked about it via Twitter, J. K. Rowling said, "Kredan is quite literally nobody. They got the name wrong!"
- Credence reportedly becomes a "notable" character within the Harry Potter universe.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 'Fantastic Beasts' Character Descriptions Revealed at EW.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Fantastic Beasts: First look at Ezra Miller's mysterious character" at Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Everything we've learned about ‘Fantastic Beasts' this week" from Pottermore
- ↑ "Filming Gets Underway on «Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them»" at BusinessWire
- ↑ "Ezra Miller Eyes ‘Harry Potter’ Spinoff ‘Fantastic Beasts’ (EXCLUSIVE)" at Variety.com
- ↑ .@KeridoAvada Kredan is quite literally nobody. They got the name wrong! by J.K. Rowling on Twitter
- ↑ 'Fantastic Beasts' cast talk wands, creatures, Newt & his friends, Salem trials, more" from SnitchSeeker.com