|Notable family members|
Extant in female line, possibly extinct in the male line
The Crabbes tend to have prejudices against Muggles and Muggle-borns, like the Blacks, to whom they are related. During the First and Second Wizarding Wars, they were allied with Lord Voldemort.
- Irma Black née Crabbe – wife of Pollux Black
- Mr. Crabbe – one of the clumsier, stupider Death Eaters; presumably killed or imprisoned in Azkaban.
- Vincent Crabbe – an overweight bullying Slytherin student in Harry Potter’s year at Hogwarts; close friends with Gregory Goyle and Draco Malfoy (who are both pure-blood); accidentally killed by his own Fiendfyre during the Battle of Hogwarts.
Notes and references
- ↑ Tonks, and in turn Teddy through her, are not pure-bloods and as a descendant of Irma Crabbe - who would be of a secondary line as the main line consists of Crabbe Sr and Vincent - are not all pure-blood.
- ↑ Araminta Meliflua, a cousin of Walburga Black, did not appear on the Black family tree drawn by J. K. Rowling. This may indicate that she was related through Walburga´s mother Irma Crabbe.
- ↑ Through Irma's descendant Narcissa Malfoy, by marriage, and her son Draco, by blood.
- ↑ Through Irma's descendant Bellatrix Lestrange, by marriage.
- ↑ Through Irma's descendant Andromeda Tonks, by marriage, and her daughter Nymphadora, by blood.
- ↑ Through Irma's descendant Nymphadora Tonks, by marriage, and her son Ted, by blood.
- ↑ This is assumed based on the fact that Irma Crabbe married into the prejudiced House of Black, which would have disowned her husband had she not been Pure-blood as well.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- ↑ Black family tree
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix