First Wizarding War
Crabbe was a Death Eater during the First Wizarding War and was loyal to his master up until his downfall. Around the downfall of Voldemort, Crabbe and his wife had a baby boy, Vincent Crabbe, who would be educated at Hogwarts from 1991-1998, and he became friends with Gregory Goyle and Draco Malfoy. Crabbe then declared that he had been under the Imperius Curse to avoid Azkaban after his master's downfall.
Second Wizarding War
Crabbe was one of the few Death Eaters who returned to Lord Voldemort when he rose to power again in 1995. Voldemort was displeased when he learned that Crabbe didn't attempt to find him, but he forgave him.
Battle of the Department of Mysteries
During the Second Wizarding War, Crabbe participated in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries in 1996, and was paired with Rabastan Lestrange during the pursuit of the six D.A. members. He went with Rabastan to try and capture Harry, Hermione, and Neville, who were hiding in the Time Chamber. His part in trying to find them ended shortly; he was Stunned by Harry, and Crabbe fell and knocked over a grandfather clock. He was likely imprisoned in Azkaban, but re-escaped in 1997.
Battle of Hogwarts
During the Battle of Hogwarts in 1998, Crabbe's son Vincent (who had also become a Dark Wizard) died by the effects of his own Fiendfyre curse. Crabbe's reaction over his son's death is unknown. Crabbe fought at the Battle of Hogwarts too.
Crabbe was presumably imprisoned in Azkaban after Voldemort's final defeat.
Behind the scenes
- It is not specified if Crabbe attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Crabbe was played by most-likely by Paschal Friel or possibly by Philip Rham.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned as 'dad')
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and references
- ↑ See this interview; “Samantha: Was Snape the only Death Eater who could produce a full Patronus? J.K. Rowling: Yes, because a Patronus is used against things that the Death Eaters generally generate, or fight alongside. They would not need Patronuses.”
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 4 (Horace Slughorn) - Horace Slughorn: You'll be Gryffindor like her, I suppose? Yes, it usually goes in families. Not always, though.
Alecto Carrow | Amycus Carrow | Antonin Dolohov | Augustus Rookwood | Avery (I) | Avery (II) |
Barty Crouch Jr. | Bellatrix Lestrange | Crabbe | Evan Rosier | Gibbon | Goyle |
Jugson | Lestrange | Mulciber (I) | Mulciber (II) | Nott | Pyrites (possibly) | Rabastan Lestrange | Rodolphus Lestrange | Rosier | Selwyn | Thorfinn Rowle | Travers | Walden Macnair | Wilkes | Yaxley
|Death Eaters who Defected:|
|Death Eaters' allies:|
Albert Runcorn | Borgin | Dolores Umbridge | Fenrir Greyback | Golgomath |
Gregory Goyle | John Dawlish | Mafalda Hopkirk | Narcissa Malfoy (defected) | Pansy Parkinson | Quirinus Quirrell | Scabior | Vincent Crabbe
Dementors | Draco Malfoy's gang | Giants (Golgomath's control) | Muggle-Born Registration Commission | Snatchers | Werewolves