Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is non-canon.
This article covers a subject that has been deemed non-canon by either the author or the Harry Potter licensees, and thus should not be taken as a part of the "real" Harry Potter universe.
|"Well, I think we should put it back in order for them, don't you?"|
The Courtyard Apocalypse was a battle that took place on 2 May in the year 1998 as part of the Battle of Hogwarts in the Viaduct Courtyard at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry between the Hogwarts students, Professors, Hogsmeade villagers and the Death Eaters, Acromantulas and the first and second Giant.
Breaking into Hogwarts
- "GET INSIDE! Take cover. TAKE COVER!"
- —Minerva McGonagall yelling instructions[src]
Just after midnight, on 2 May, 1998, Death Eaters broke into the Viaduct Courtyard, and battle was joined between them and the Hogwarts Professors and Hogsmeade villagers. It was a serious conflict that destroyed large sections of the courtyard, blowing up the cloister walls. Later on a Giant also joined the battle, along with another Giant, after making their way through the Onslaught at the Viaduct.
Making a way to the Boathouse
During this stage of the battle Oliver Wood and his friends joined in, flying on their brooms. Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger came across the battle on their way to the Boathouse, defeating a Death Eater and being discovered by the giant.
While fleeing from the Giant, they ran into a group of Acromantula that had joined the courtyard battle. Seeing no other way out, they ran from the spiders across the courtyard past the Giant and into the cloister wall's walkway.
With an Acromantula in pursuit, which was then blown into the Ravine below, the Trio discovered Fenrir Greyback, who attacked and bit Lavender Brown, trying to kill her. Furious and angry, Hermione shot a spell at him and pushed him out through a window and into the Ravine.
The Giant, who had chosen to chase the Trio, destroyed the corner of the cloister walls and the Trio ran on the outer side and into the climax between the courtyard and the Viaduct. The Dementors then tried to join the battle but were driven off by Aberforth Dumbledore's extraordinary Patronus. The Trio then ran to the staircase leading to the Boathouse.
Behind the scenes
- The film and game each contain some noticeable differences from the book.
- In the second film adaption and the second video game adaption of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows the Viaduct Courtyard is where the major part of the Battle of Hogwarts takes place; however, it doesn't completely replace the Skirmish in the Entrance Hall. That part is nevertheless shortened to a brief fight.
- Also, in the video game adaption, Hermione sees Greyback push Lavender Brown, and they have a fight in the courtyard, joined by Death Eaters.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, Greyback is tugging on Lavender's foot, then Hermione throws a bone and blasts him away.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7