Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Neither can live while the other survives..."|
- In 1991, Professor Snape used a counter-curse to protect Harry Potter from a jinx put on his broom by Professor Quirrell, who was trying to knock him off.
- Also in 1991, Seamus Finnigan said he knew the counter-curse to the Leg-Locker Curse and was about to use it on Neville Longbottom when he was interrupted by Hermione Granger.
- In the 1996-1997 school year, Harry Potter used Liberacorpus, the counter-spell of Levicorpus (a spell he found in the Half-Blood Prince's book), on Ron Weasley, in the Gryffindor Boys' Dormitory.
- In 1992, Gilderoy Lockhart claimed that he knew the counter-curse to prevent the Transmogrifian Torture. Due to his dishonesty, it is debatable if such counter-curses exist to begin with.
Behind the scenes
- Gilderoy Lockhart claimed that he knew the counter-curse to prevent the petrification (in the second film), as opposed to the Transmogrifian Torture (in the novel), although there is a great chance that he was simply trying to inflate his reputation, as he is known for a great ineptidude for magic and probably does not know the counter-curse.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince