Before 1992 (possibly)
This portrait of a count hangs next to the first-floor landing of the Grand Staircase of Hogwarts Castle. In 1992, Hermione Granger told Harry Potter that it was not a good sign to hear voices, even in the Wizarding world, unaware that the voices he was hearing was really the Parseltongue of Salazar Slytherin's Basilisk going through the school's pipes. The subject of this portrait agreed with her. 
Behind the scenes
- This individual was played by Peter Taylor in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- This portrait's subject may have passed away sometime prior to 1992, as many portraits hung at Hogwarts Castle depict deceased individuals. This individual's clothing suggests he lived during the sixteenth or seventeenth century.
- Peter Taylor was also the camera operator for the film.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Appears in portrait(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references