|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
- Ron: "Er, are you a talking gargoyle?"
- Gargoyle: "Knock, knock."
- Ron: "Who's there?"
- Gargoyle: "Twit."
- Ron: "Twit who?"
- Gargoyle: "Sorry, didn't realise you were an owl!! Ah ha, hahahaha!"
- Ron: "Are all the gargoyles mental?"
- Gargoyle: "No! Don't go, I've got loads more!"
- — Finding one of the five talking gargoyles[src]
The Comedic Female Gargoyle was one of the talking gargoyles in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was located on a stairwell on the third floor of the castle, just outside the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom. It loved to tell jokes to anyone who would listen. By the 1996–1997 school year, the gargoyle had been removed from this area of the castle.
During the 1995–1996 school year, Professor Binns assigned his fifth year students the task of listing five talking gargoyles as a homework assignment. Harry Potter located the gargoyles as a favour to Dean Thomas so that he could attend the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army in the Room of Requirement.
Behind the scenes
- The gargoyle was voiced by Isobell Middleton in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- The gargoyle's name was identified during the game's credits.
- Other conversations with the gargoyle:
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First appearance)