|Comedic Female Gargoyle|
- Ron: "Er, are you a talking gargoyle?"
- Gargoyle: "Knock, knock."
- Ron: "Who's there?"
- Gargoyle: "Twit."
- Ron: "Twit who?"
- Gargoyle: "Sorry, didn't realise you were an owl!! Ah ha, hahahaha!"
- Ron: "Are all the gargoyles mental?"
- Gargoyle: "No! Don't go, I've got loads more!"
- — Finding one of the five talking gargoyles.[src]
The Comedic Female Gargoyle was one of the talking gargoyles in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was located on a stairwell on the the third floor of the castle, just outside the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom. It loved to tell jokes to anyone who would listen. By the 1996–1997 school year, the gargoyle had been removed from this area of the castle.
During the 1995–1996 school year, Professor Binns assigned his fifth year students the task of listing five talking gargoyles as a homework assignment. Harry Potter located the gargoyles as a favour to Dean Thomas so that he could attend the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army in the Room of Requirement.
Like the others, casting Incendio on the gargoyle would cause it to breathe fire.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The gargoyle was voiced by Isobell Middleton in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- The gargoyle's name was identified during the game's credits.
- Other conversations with the gargoyle:
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First appearance)