|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Colin Creevey's camera|
1992 or earlier
This camera was an old-fashioned Muggle camera that Muggle-born student Colin Creevey used to take pictures of his life at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to show his father. Although most devices powered by electricity did not function in the presence of magic, the camera still worked at Hogwarts, since it was able to "[run] off the magical atmosphere" instead of its batteries.
Colin lost the camera on the Hogwarts grounds during the 1995–1996 school year. However, it was eventually found by Harry Potter on an offset in The Quad near the battlements, and returned to its rightful owner.
Behind the scenes
- Colin's camera in the Harry Potter films is an Argus C3 Matchmatic, a type of camera produced from 1939 to 1966 that helped popularise the 35mm format.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 Version only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game