|Colin Creevey's camera|
1992 or earlier
This camera was an old-fashioned Muggle camera that Colin Creevey used to take pictures of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to show his father, who was a milkman. The camera ran off the magical atmosphere, so it would not cease to function. When Colin was petrified due to him looking at Salazar Slytherin's basilisk through his camera, the film within was burnt and melted. It was lost on the school grounds during the 1995–1996 school year, but eventually found by Harry, on an offset in The Quad near the battlements, who gave it to him.
Behind the scenes
- Colin's camera in the Harry Potter films is an Argus C3 Matchmatic, a type of camera produced from 1939 to 1966 that help popularize the 35mm format.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 Version only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game