depends on kind of cobra
Flares it neck into a hood when threatened
A cobra is a venomous snake, that when disturbed rear up and spread their neck in a hood in a characteristic threat display. Huge, poisonous cobras could be found at the zoo in Surrey. In the 1992–1993 school year in the Duelling Club, Draco Malfoy used the Snake Summons Spell against Harry Potter and conjured a cobra. Padma Patil's boggart manifested one of these snakes. 
Behind the scenesEdit
- In both the film and video game adaptations of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Parvati Patil is given a giant cobra as a boggart rather than a mummy. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 rectifies this by giving Parvati the correct boggart, and passing the cobra over to her sister Padma Patil.
- In one edition of the book Chamber of Secrets it depicts a green cobra on the cover. This is either Draco's snake or a failing picture of the basilisk.
- In the game The Quest of Sir Cadogan, included on the second disc of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, one possible encounter is a room full of cobras.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Seen on cover)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game (Possible appearance)