depends on kind of cobra
Flares it neck into a hood when threatened
A cobra is a venomous snake, that when disturbed rear up and spread their neck in a hood in a characteristic threat display. In the 1992–1993 school year in the Duelling Club, Draco Malfoy used the Snake Summons Spell against Harry Potter and conjured a cobra. Padma Patil's boggart manifested one of these snakes. 
Behind the scenes
- In both the film and video game adaptations of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Parvati Patil is given a giant cobra as a boggart rather than a mummy. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 rectifies this by giving Parvati the correct boggart, and passing the cobra over to her sister Padma Patil.
- In one edition of the book Chamber of Secrets it depicts a green cobra on the cover. This is either Draco's snake or a failing picture of the basilisk.
- In the game The Quest of Sir Cadogan, included on the second disc of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, one possible encounter is a room full of cobras.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Seen on cover)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game (Possible appearance)