|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Cliodna, also known as Cliodne, was a famous Irish druidess who lived in Medieval times. An Animagus with the ability to turn into a sea bird, she was aided by three magical birds that cured the sick by singing them to sleep. It was also said that she could turn into a wave. She also discovered the properties of Moondew. Cliodne appeared on a Chocolate Frog Card.
Magical abilities and skills
- Potioneer: Cliodna was skilled with potions, discovering a new ingredient.
- Animagus: She was also a master of transfiguration, turning herself into a sea bird. Being a seabird, she has the ability of flying without the need of a broomstick or other rides.
Behind the scenes
- In Irish mythology, Cliodna was a goddess of love and beauty, said to have three brightly coloured birds whose song healed the sick. She left Tir Tairngire to be with her mortal lover, Ciabhán, but drowned as she slept in Glandore harbour in County Cork.
- She was also rumoured to be the "Queen of the Banshees".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Mentioned only) (Nintendo DS version only)
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)