When Cuthbert Binns became professor of History of Magic, he was given Classroom 4F to teach in. He filled the room with books on history, and kept a Draconifors spellbook locked in a side-room, protected with minor magical defences. After his death, it was noted by students that the most exciting parts of his lessons was when he glided through the blackboard and into the room.
During the 1991-1992 year this class had a clock, a globe and a blackboard. It also had a capacity of eight students. It is unknown how that would fit was the other students in the classroom. The last day of the course the room was occupied by a Gryffindor student and a Ravenclaw student.
Behind the scenes
- Classroom 4F did not appear in the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, as the Astronomy Room was used for the Anti-Dementor lessons instead. However, the room was included in the video game adaption and used for Harry and Lupin's Anti-Dementor lessons.
- The History of Magic classroom appeared only in the books and first three PS2 video games, and PC for the third. It has made no appearances in any of the film adaptations, though it was mentioned briefly on the Marauder's Map as History of Magic Classroom in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) and by Minerva McGonagall as History of Magic in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film).
- Due to Hogwarts' every-changing abilities this classroom is located on the fourth floor in the first three video games for PS2, however it is unknown where it was located in the third game for PC, as Harry isn't seen going to this location.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First identified as Classroom 4F)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned on Marauder's Map as History of Magic Classroom)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned as History of Magic)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - PS2 version