- Riddle: "Stand aside, Hagrid!"
- Hagrid: "No!"
- Riddle: "Cistem aperio!"
- — Riddle's use of the spell[src]
Aperio is Latin for open, uncover, lay bare, reveal, or make clear. Cistem is a corruption of cistam, a form of the Latin word for 'box' or 'basket'.
Behind the scenesEdit
- This spell does not appear in the books.
- It may be related to Alohomora, Annihilare, Dunamis, Emancipare, Liberare, Open Sesame and Portaberto.
- Severus Snape may have used this spell to open Alastor Moody's trunk in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Possible appearance)