Circe was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card. Harry Potter obtained this card from a Chocolate Frog on his first trip to Hogwarts in 1991. There was a portrait of Circe at Hogwarts Castle. It guarded a secret shortcut between the fourth-floor landing of the Grand Staircase and the Entrance Hall side room. The password required to gain access to said shortcut was Piggywiggy.
Magical abilities and skills
- Transfiguration: Circe was proficient in the human to pig spell, an accomplishment in the fact that pigs are considered extremely un-magical.
Behind the scenes
- Circe was a minor goddess in Greek mythology, said to transform sailors lost around her island of Aeaea into animals via the use of enchanted food. She is perhaps most well known as a figure in Homer's Odyssey, where the hero Odysseus spent a year on her island after freeing his shipmates from her spells.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
- ↑ "Famous Wizard Cards" on The Harry Potter Lexicon
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PC version