Circe was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card. Harry Potter obtained this card from a Chocolate Frog on his first trip to Hogwarts in 1991. There was a portrait of Circe at Hogwarts Castle. It guarded a secret shortcut between the fourth-floor landing of the Grand Staircase and the Entrance Hall side room. The password required to gain access to said shortcut was "Piggywiggy".
Magical ablities and skillsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- Circe was a minor goddess in Greek mythology, said to transform sailors lost around her island of Aeaea into animals via the use of enchanted food. She is perhaps most well known as a figure in Homer's Odyssey, where the hero Odysseus spent a year on her island after freeing his shipmates from her spells.
- Circe is also present in the Percy Jackson Series, but instead of turning men into Pigs she turns them in to guniea pigs.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore' (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ "Famous Wizard Cards" on The Harry Potter Lexicon
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PC version
|Professors: Albus Dumbledore · Minerva McGonagall|
|Textbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration · Intermediate Transfiguration · A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration|
|Known practitioners: Emeric Switch · Circe · Falco Aesalon · Mirabella Plunkett · Thaddeus Thurkell ·|
|Transfiguration spells studied at Hogwarts: Chair to cat · Match to needle · Snail to Teapot · Teacup to Rat · Switching Spell · Transforming Spell · Avifors Spell · Mice to Snuffboxes · Beetle Buttons · Rabbit Slippers · Teapot to tortoise · Draconifors Spell · Lapifors Spell · Vanishing Spell · Vera Verto · Owl to opera glasses · Guinea fowl to guinea pig · Hedgehog to pincushion · Small Child to Rat · Meddling Man to Monkey|
|Branches of Transfiguration: Transformation · Vanishment · Conjuration · Untransfiguration|