At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise was a cemetery and park located on the Northeast side of Paris in France, and was both the largest park and largest cemetery in the city. The Lestrange Mausoleum was located there.
In 1927, Gellert Grindelwald held a rally here deep in the Lestrange family Mausoleum. The cemetery was nearly destroyed after Grindelwald set loose magical flames which were only contained by the combined efforts of Nicolas Flamel, Porpentina Goldstein, Yusuf Kama, and Theseus and Newton Scamander.
Behind the scenes
- Although the Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is a real-life cemetery, the largest in Paris and the first to be landscaped, Highgate Cemetery in north London was used as filming location for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald instead. One of the crypts at the Circle of Lebanon, one of the cemetery's architectural highlights comprising twenty sunken tombs built around the roots of an ancient Cedar of Lebanon tree, was used to portray the entrance to the Lestrange Mausoleum.
- Judging from the map of Père-Lachaise Grindelwald hands Credence, the Lestrange Mausoleum is located where, in real life, is the mausoleum of Casimir Périer, a prominent French banker and political leader who was Prime Minister of France from 1831 to 1832.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ "Les Animaux Fantastiques 2 : On était sur le tournage et on vous raconte tout (EXCLU)" at melty.fr
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 115
- ↑ Samuelson, Kate (14 November 2018). "11 Behind-the-Scenes Secrets From the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Set". Time. Retrieved 24 December 2018.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (see this image)