|Quidditch Team information|
Bright orange with their logo: two black Cs and a speeding cannonball
|Behind the scenes|
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
The Chudley Cannons are a British Quidditch team that played in the British and Irish Quidditch League. They wore bright orange robes, and their logo included two black Cs and a speeding cannonball. They have won the League Cup twenty-one times, the last time in 1892; many consider their glory days to be over. There is a Chudley Cannons Fan Club.
The club motto was "We shall conquer" until 1972, when it was changed to "Let's all just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best".
Chudley Cannons is founded.
The Chudley Cannons won the League for the last time.
The Cannons won the Josef Wronski Award for Excellent Pitch Skills.
The team changed their official motto.
The Chudley Cannons broke a sixteen-game losing streak by drawing with the Caerphilly Catapults.
On 8 February they languished bottom of the League with 230 points.
On 1 June the Falmouth Falcons were the team at the bottom of the League. The Cannons then defeated the Falcons in Exmoor, keeping the Falcons in bottom place. The shock of the victory caused the Cannons' manager Ragmar Dorkins to collapse.
Ragmar Dorkins (Manager)
Behind the scenesEdit
- They are Ron Weasley's favourite team. The bedspread, walls, and ceiling of his room at the Burrow were all decorated in a "violent shade of orange", and posters of the team's players covered nearly every inch of the walls.
- J. K. Rowling, when asked if the Chudley Cannons would ever win a game, replied that "they'd need to replace the entire team and down several cauldrons of Felix Felicis."
- In the 8 February 1999 edition of the Daily Prophet, 'Chudley Cannon memorabilia - fan making "clean break"', is an advertisement in the 'For Sale' section.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Seen briefly on a banner)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Seen on Ron's quilt)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on poster in extra feature on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World (Appears on poster(s))
- Daily Prophet Newsletters
- Harry Potter LEGO Sets (Appears on posters(s))
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Daily Prophet Newsletters
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Chapter 3, "The Burrow")