Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
The Choir Master is a position existing in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from at least 1993. The title is currently held by Professor Filius Flitwick, the part-elf Charms Master. The conductor is in charge of the choir and has lessons and rehearsals at both night and day in the Great Hall.
Welcoming Feast of 1993
In 1993, Filius Flitwick, the Charms Master, was the conductor of the Frog Choir and led a presentation of Something Wicked This Way Comes during the Welcoming Feast after the Sorting ceremony. The choir members sang while carrying toads which croaked during the song and Professor Flitwick conducted them with his wand. Afterwards, he took his seat at the High Table next to Rubeus Hagrid and another professor and applauded Hagrid when he was announced Care of Magical Creatures teacher.
The Triwizard Tournament
During 1994, the Triwizard Tournament was held at the school and Professor Flitwick was in charge of directing the choir's songs which were played just before each task. These songs included the Hogwarts March, which was recited frequently, and they also performed at the Yule Ball at Christmas. Flitwick led the orchestra as they played at the beginning of the dance, but could join in after the Weird Sisters took over from them.
During 1995, Dolores Umbridge was put in charge of observing teachers and their lessons and visited one of Flitwick's chorus classes in the Great Hall. She seemed pleased and, perhaps, impressed, before measuring Flitwick's height, which embarrassed him. However, Flitwick continued to teach as both Charms Master and conductor, so what she saw must have been satisfactory.
At the end of the 1996–1997 school year, Professor Flitwick had a rehearsal with the choir in the Great Hall late in the evening. As they sang the English and Latin song, In Noctem, clouds rolled in around the school and the Battle of the Astronomy Tower was soon to begin. Midway through the session, Minerva McGonagall interrupted and told Flitwick to wake the Potions master, Severus Snape, unknowing that he would soon kill Albus Dumbledore and apparently side with the Death Eaters.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance as conductor)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (mentioned only)