|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
In July 1996, The Guardian reported that the then-current Dalai Lama was given the Congressional Gold Medal of Honor by the United States, which China objected to strongly, presumably due to the Tibetan sovereignty issue.
Jixi may have had a community of note in the wizarding world, as the Daily Prophet reported on its weather in its international section. Also, many different wand woods are from here, for instance, Redwood trees grow here, as well as in North America.
Sleekeazy's Hair Potion is manufactured in China.
In 2010, the Chinese National Quidditch team participated in the 2010 Quidditch World Cup. The final was between China and Moldova, with Moldova winning 750 to 640. The match lasted three days, and it was widely held to have produced some of the finest Quidditch seen this century.
Famous wizards hailing from China include the alchemist Dzou Yen and Magic Creature Specialist Quong Po. China is also the native range of the Phoenix, the Chinese Fireball, the Yeti, and the Chinese Chomping Cabbage.
- The Chinese Fireball is native to China.
- The Demiguise can be found in China.
- The Occamy can be found in China.
- The Phoenix is native to China.
- The Re'em can be found in China.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned as Chinese)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned as Chinese)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned as Chinese)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (mentioned on newspaper)
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (mentioned only)