Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cherry (genus Prunus) is a tree on which cherry fruits grow. The cherry fruits of commerce are usually obtained from a limited number of species, including especially cultivars of the wild cherry, Prunus avium.
Cherry is very rare wand wood that makes for a wand of strange power, most highly prized by the wizarding students of the school of Mahoutokoro in Japan, where those who own cherry wands have special prestige.
The Western wand-purchaser should dispel from their minds any notion that the pink blossom of the living tree makes for a frivolous or merely ornamental wand, for cherry wood often makes a wand that possesses truly lethal power, whatever the core – though if paired with dragon heartstring, the wand ought never to be teamed with a wizard without exceptional self-control and strength of mind.
Notable cherry wand owners
Behind the scenes
- In Japan, 花見 (Hanami) is a traditional practise of picnicking under a 桜 (sakura) (Japanese cherry) tree, hence a possible reason why a wand of cherry would be valued by Japanese wizards.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Blackthorn (A species that also lies—like Cherry—within the Prunus genus)
- Cherry (fruit)
- Cherry syrup