The book Charm Your Own Cheese, published in various versions by Greta Catchlove and Gerda Curd, presumably covers magical cheese-making. Curd's edition covers such topics as dragon milk cheeses, cured and cursed cheese, and Cheese-Based Potions.
- At some point in wizarding history, Humphrey Belcher created the cheese cauldron, believing it to be a great invention. He was, in the words of Albus Dumbledore, "woefully wrong", and the cauldron never caught on.
- On 31 July, 1992, Harry Potter was served a supper that consisted of merely two slices of bread and a lump of cheese, as the Masons were visiting 4 Privet Drive that night and the Dursleys wanted Harry out of the way as quickly as possible.
- A slab of cheese covered in furry green mould was among the unique "foodstuffs" served at Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington's five-hundredth Deathday Party.
- As part of his Smeltings Academy-mandated diet, Dudley Dursley ate a lunch of cottage cheese and grated celery on the day that the Weasley family had come to pick up Harry in 1994. Due to fear at meeting wizards again, he neglected to protest at the amount of food he was served, as he had been doing all summer.
- By Christmas of 1995, Kreacher's bedroom at 12 Grimmauld Place had acquired, among various other filth, mouldy bits of discarded cheese.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears on book cover)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Appears on book cover)
Notes and references
- ↑ Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 3 (The Burrow)
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Official Site
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 10 (The House of Gaunt)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 1 (The Worst Birthday)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 8 (The Deathday Party)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 4 (Back to The Burrow)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 23 (Christmas on the Closed Ward)