Three-headed dogs are very rare creatures. It is unknown if, like the Runespoor, each head serves a different purpose. Their great weakness is the inability to resist falling asleep to the sound of music.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In Greek mythology, Cerberus was a three-headed dog that guarded the gates to the underworld. In order to get past him, music would have to be played for him to fall asleep, as portrayed in the movie.
- In the film version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Hagrid gets Fluffy from "an Irish fellow". In the novel, Hagrid gets him from "a Greek chappie".
- In The Wizarding World of Harry Potter one can purchase a plush version of Fluffy.
Notes and referencesEdit
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Early draft)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter LEGO Sets