|Cedrella Weasley (née Black)|
Cedrella Weasley (née Black) (fl. 1919 — fl. 1950) was a pure-blood witch, the second eldest daughter of Arcturus Black II and Lysandra Black, and sister of Charis and Callidora. She married Septimus Weasley, who was considered a blood traitor by the Black family, and thus she was disowned and removed from the Black family tree tapestry. Cedrella and Septimus had three sons, one of whom is Arthur Weasley. Through Cedrella, the Weasley family is related not only to the Black family, but also to the Crouch and Longbottom families. Through her son, Arthur, she has seven grandchildren, five grandchildren-in-law, and twelve great-grandchildren.
Behind the scenes
- Horace Slughorn claimed that the Blacks were almost exclusively sorted into Slytherin House, thus Cedrella might be considered an example of a "good Slytherin" for her non-biassed views about blood purity. However, Slughorn may not have been the Potions Master when she attended Hogwarts (late 1920s- mid-1930s).
- Cedrella’s older sister Callidora was born in 1915, and her younger sister Charis was born in 1919, so Cedrella must have been born sometime between late 1915 and early 1919.
- Cedrella had three sons. One of them was Arthur, and is possible that another one was Bilius.
- On the family tree, Cedrella is depicted next to her sisters. She looks similar to her great-aunt Isla, who was also disowned from the family.
- Cedrella has a similarity to Andromeda Tonks, who, like Cedrella, is the second eldest daughter of three on the Black family tree, and married someone of whom her family did not approve while her elder and younger sisters made "respectable" marriages.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)
Notes and references
- ↑ Her oldest sister, Callidora, and youngest sister, Charis, were born in 1915 and 1919, respectively.
- ↑ Her son was born in that year.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 Black family tree
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 Although it has never been confirmed that Septimus and Cedrella are Arthur’s parents, this can be inferred based on Sirius Black’s statement in Chapter 6 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix that Arthur was "something like his second cousin once removed." The Black family tree tapestry establishes Cedrella as a first cousin once removed of both Orion and Walburga Black, Sirius’s parents. Thus, any children she had would be their second cousins, and second cousins once removed of their sons Sirius and Regulus Black. Also, almost all of Sirius’ relatives can be seen on the Black family tree because both his parents were born into the House of Black, making it unlikely that he could be related to Arthur in a way not shown. See also this article’s talk page and an essay at the Harry Potter Lexicon for more information.
- ↑ BehindTheName.com
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince