- "Caradoc Dearborn, disappeared six months after the photograph, we didn't ever find his body..."
- —Caradoc's disappearance[src]
Caradoc Dearborn was a wizard and member of the original Order of the Phoenix. He fought in the First Wizarding War and was presumably murdered by Death Eaters before the end of the war. His body was never recovered.
During the First Wizarding War, Caradoc became a member of the Order of the Phoenix, an organisation led and founded by Albus Dumbledore, in order to oppose the Dark Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
During the height of the conflict, Caradoc vanished and was never heard from afterwards. According to Alastor Moody, he disappeared six months after the photograph of the original Order was taken. His body was never found and he was presumed dead.
Caradoc, sometimes known as Caradog, was one of the Knights of the Round Table in Arthurian legend. He was also a semi-legendary ancestor of the mediaeval kings of the Welsh Kingdom of Gwent. Caractacus is the Latinized form of Caradoc.
Behind the scenes
- Moody's description of Dearborn's demise seems to be a foreshadowing of his own death; killed by Death Eaters and his body never found.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Possible appearance in Order of the Phoenix photograph)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)