Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A car is a Muggle device powered by petrol, to transport one or more people. It is a very popular mode of transportation for Muggles, and it is known to have been used by wizards on some occasions. Although a car is defined as a Muggle artefact, and is therefore illegal to enchant under wizarding British law, nevertheless there are a few enchanted cars in Britain. The Ministry of Magic has cars that navigate traffic with magical ease. Mundungus Fletcher "borrowed" a car to take the Weasleys to visit Arthur in the hospital on Christmas day; he had magically enlarged it to fit more passengers. Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter were known to own one of these in their adult years.
Some Muggles viewed cars as status symbols and Vernon Dursley in particular tended to judge people by what type of car they drove. Harry Potter, however, felt that Vernon wouldn't have taken to Arthur Weasley even if he drove a Ferrari (a brand of car known for top-of-the line luxury.)Harry Potter was told by his uncle Vernon and aunt Petunia that his parents, James Potter and Lily Evans had died in car crash. This, however, was a lie to conceal from Harry that his parents were wizards, and they had died from Killing Curses cast by the feared Dark Wizard Lord Voldemort while trying to protect him.
Despite generally showing disinterest or even disdain towards Muggle artefacts, many wizards are known to be envious of Muggles for their cars, and even staunchly anti-Muggle pure-bloods have been known to purchase luxury cars such as Rolls Royces.
|Weasley family||When Harry Potter and Ron Weasley used the car to fly to Hogwarts, the car crashed into the Whomping Willow and then took off into the Forbidden Forest and is presumably still there.|
|Dursley family||None||In 1993 Vernon Dursley got a new company car.|
|British Ministry of Magic||
||In 1993 the Ministry lent the cars to Arthur Weasley to transport his family along with Harry Potter and Hermione Granger to King's Cross Station.|
|Unidentified Muggle taxi company||None||In 1994 the Weasleys were forced to call three Muggle taxis to bring them, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger to King's Cross Station.|
|Unknown, "borrowed" by Mundungus Fletcher||Mundungus used this car to transport the current residents of 12 Grimmauld Place to St Mungo's on 25 December, 1995.|
|Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger||
||In 2017, Ron tells Harry that he passed his driving test, so it is assumed that they have a car.|
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book (Mentioned on prop of Howler included as an extra)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault