|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Professor McGonagall: "Harry Potter! Thank goodness you`re here! There`s been an accident; a candle has been changed into a rabbit."
- Harry: "That certainly sounds like an accident."
- Professor McGonagall: "It was a lit candle… and it escaped! I`m afraid it might set fires. I need someone to catch it. And I`m assigning you."
- Harry: "How will I know the rabbit when I see it?"
- Professor McGonagall: "It`s purple. That`s unusual, even at Hogwarts."
- — Professor McGonagall conversing with Harry Potter in 1991[src]
This spell was used by an unnamed witch or wizard in the transfiguration course at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It mutated a lit candle into a large purple rabbit, which Professor McGonagall sent first year Harry Potter to retrieve in exchange for a new spell.
Behind the scenes
- In the image to the right, one can see the transfiguration alphabet, underneath a picture of a rabbit; this may be a reference to this spell.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned only) (GBC)