A camera is used to take photos. In the wizarding world, photos have the ability to move.
In 1992, a photographer at Flourish and Blotts was taking pictures of Gilderoy Lockhart for the Daily Prophet. The camera emitted a cloud of purple smoke with each flash. Bozo, Rita Skeeter's photographer, also had one, and used it to take pictures of the Triwizard champions. Colin Creevey's camera is appeared to be a Muggle device, although since it did work at Hogwarts, it must not have had any electrical parts. During Colin's first year he took plenty of pictures of Harry, much to Harry's chagrin. Although the camera is non-magical, the pictures he took do move because he developed them in a special potion. Alternatively, the camera itself may have been a Muggle camera but enchanted to work taking magical photographs.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))