- "The Draught is used to calm someone down when they suffer a shock or an emotional outburst."
A Calming Draught was a potion used to calm a person down after they had suffered a shock, trauma, or emotional outburst. In 1996, Madam Pomfrey administered a Calming Draught to Hannah Abbott in her fifth year after she burst out crying in a Herbology lesson, claiming to be too stupid to take her exams.
When Muggle monster hunter Laura Thorn's Obliviated memories of witnessing a Troll resurfaced after smelling Percival Shacklehorn's dirty socks, Ministry witch Mathilda Grimblehawk had St Mungo's Healer Omar Abasi bring her a Calming Draught, passing it off for a brew. Despite being confined to the Leaky Cauldron during the investigation, Thorn later escaped to look for the Troll while Abasi was busy brewing another Calming Draught.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery