Callidora Longbottom (née Black) (b. 1915) was a pure-blood witch, the eldest daughter of Arcturus Black II and Lysandra Yaxley and sister of Charis and Cedrella. She married Harfang Longbottom, and the couple had two children, a son and a daughter. She is related to the Crouch and Weasley families through her sisters, and may be related to Alice and Frank Longbottom and their son Neville.
Behind the scenes
- Callidora’s sister Cedrella was disowned by their family for marrying Septimus Weasley, a "blood traitor". Given that Callidora was not burned off the Black family tree tapestry for her marriage, this suggests that the Longbottoms are considered to be a more "respectable" pure-blood family than Weasleys.
- Since Callidora and Cassiopeia were born in the same year, it is most likely that they were classmates at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Callidora's and Elladora’s pictures on the family tree in the film are the same.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Black family tree
- ↑ In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 4, Horace Slughorn states: "The whole Black family had been in my house, but Sirius ended up in Gryffindor!" This implies that all Blacks except Sirius were sorted into Slytherin while Slughorn was teaching at Hogwarts. As revealed in Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies, Chapter 3 (Horace Slughorn), Slughorn had "completed half a century of service" at the time of his retirement in 1981, meaning he started teaching there circa 1931. Callidora, born in 1915, presumably attended Hogwarts from 1926 to 1933, and thus would have been a student of Slughorn for at least part of her time at Hogwarts.
- ↑ Behind the Name: Callidora