|Callidora Longbottom (née Black)|
Callidora Longbottom (née Black) (1915—1995/1996) was a pure-blood witch, the eldest daughter of Arcturus Black II and Lysandra Yaxley and sister of Charis and Cedrella. She married Harfang Longbottom, and the couple had two children, a son and a a daughter. She is related to the Crouch and Weasley families through her sisters, and may be related to Alice and Frank Longbottom and their son Neville.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Callidora’s sister Cedrella was disowned by their family for marrying Septimus Weasley, a "blood traitor". Given that Callidora was not burned off the Black family tree tapestry for her marriage, this suggests that the Longbottoms are considered to be a more "respectable" pure-blood family than Weasleys.
- Based on a statement by Horace Slughorn, Callidora may have been a member of the Slytherin House. At least one member of the Longbottom family, however, was in Gryffindor. Slughorn also may not have been Potions master when she attended Hogwarts (c. 1926-1933).
- Since Callidora and Cassiopeia were born in the same year, it is most likely that they were classmates at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Callidora's and Elladora’s pictures on the family tree in the film are the same.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Black family tree
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 37 (The Lost Prophecy). Phineas Nigellus says "Am I to understand that my great-great-grandson -- the last of the Blacks -- is dead?". This means that Callidora is dead by that date, 18 June, 1996, but the Black family tree did not list her death in August, 1995.
- ↑ Black family tree
- ↑ Behind the Name: Callidora