|Callidora Longbottom (née Black)|
Callidora Longbottom (née Black) (b. 1915) was a pure-blood witch, the eldest daughter of Arcturus Black II and Lysandra Yaxley and sister of Charis and Cedrella. She married Harfang Longbottom, and the couple had two children, a son and a a daughter. She is related to the Crouch and Weasley families through her sisters, and may be related to Alice and Frank Longbottom and their son Neville. Since she is still considered alive on the Black family tree, it is equally possible that she lives with Neville, his gran Augusta and other family members including his wife, Hannah Abbott or is in contact with him.
- Callidora means "gift of beauty" in Greek. It is also the name of a parasite that preys on moths and butterflies.
Behind the scenes
- Callidora's sister Cedrella was disowned by their family for marrying Septimus Weasley, a "blood traitor". Given that Callidora was not burned off the Black Family tree tapestry for her marriage, this suggests that the Longbottoms are considered to be a more "respectable" pure-blood family than Weasleys.
- Based on a statement by Horace Slughorn, Callidora may have been a member of the Slytherin House. At least one member of the Longbottom family, however, was in Gryffindor. Slughorn also may not have been Potions master when she attended Hogwarts (c. 1926-1933).
- Since Callidora and Cassiopeia were born on the same year, it is most likely that they were classmates at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Many Blacks were handsome, Callidora might have received this name because she was beautiful. Her name is similar to name Elladora, who was Callidora's great-aunt.
- Callidora's and Elladora's pictures on the family tree in the film are the same.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Seen on Black family tree tapestry)