Burning Day is the name of the day in which a Phoenix bursts into flame and is reborn from the ashes. A Phoenix at this stage of its life is described as "decrepit-looking" and resembling "a half-plucked turkey". After bursting into flame, the Phoenix emerges from its own ashes as a newborn, which Harry Potter regarded as "quite as ugly as the old one".
Known Burning Days
Behind the scenes
On 18 June, 1996, Fawkes swallowed a Killing Curse cast by Lord Voldemort, at which point he burst into flames and was reborn. It is unknown if this counts as a Burning Day, as his death was not by natural causes.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Possible)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter for Kinect