|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
- "The Bundimun at rest resembles a patch of greenish fungus with eyes. Useful in some potions, including Doxycide."
The Bundimun is a magical creature found worldwide. It is a greenish, many-eyed pest that feeds on dirt and can destroy a whole house. Their presence is indicated by the foul stench of decay. The secretions of the Bundimun rot building structure, and if a house gets a large enough infestation it can collapse. Scouring Charms can clear out small infestations, but large colonies should be dealt with by the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures (Pest Sub-Division). Bundimuns are known to spit out acid that can seriously harm anyone who bothers it.
Behind the scenes
- The creature first appears in the PC version of the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- In the DS version of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, it appears under a sofa and the player has to use Wingardium Leviosa to stop it and use Reducto to destroy it.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Name seen as "Bu")
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (DS version)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
|Magical Creatures by classification|