Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cattle — commonly referred to as cows — are the most common type of large domesticated ungulates and are domestically raised as livestock for meat, dairy animals for milk and other dairy products, and as draft animals used in drawing heavy loads. The term cow technically refers to the female of the species while bull refers to the intact male. Either gender can be horned depending on the subspecies or breed.
During a duelling competition in 1379, a wizard transformed himself into a bull, but was defeated by another wizard, who changed himself into a viper and bit the first wizard, thereby causing the bull-wizard to lose.
A cow was mentioned in the famous French play Hélas, Je me suis Transfiguré Les Pieds by the French wizard Malecrit. In the play, the character Grenouille says to the character Crapaud that he cannot help him as he is to play Keeper in an upcoming Quidditch match that same day.
Behind the scenes
- If a wizard completely transfigures himself into an animal, he starts thinking like the animal. It is likely that another wizard had to untransfigure him.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, a bull was used to scare the Gringotts dragon instead of the Clankers.
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (First appearance)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (real) (Mentioned only)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells