Budleigh Babberton is the village where Horace Slughorn resided at the time of his meeting with Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter in 1996. It is said that the village is a charming one and that it has a church and few houses. It is most likely located in England.
Behind the scenes
- There was a milkman who served residents in Budleigh Babberton.
- Budleigh Salterton in the south west is situated close to Topsham, near the university city where J. K. Rowling studied and began to write her first Harry Potter books.
- It could also be based on the village of East Budleigh, located up the river from Budleigh Salterton, and a far better candidate for the location, as it is not on the sea, its inland.
- Baberton is the name of a suburb in Edinburgh - the city where Rowling currently resides.
- In the movie version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the scenes that were set in Budleigh Babberton were filmed in Lacock, Wiltshire.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7