Rufus Scrimgeour (possibly) †
Professor Brutus Scrimgeour is the author of the book The Beaters' Bible. He gave a positive review of the book Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp, saying that it was "the definitive work on the origins and history of Quidditch" and that he "highly recommended" it. He has a portrait of himself hung in Hogwarts Castle's Trophy Room, hiding a secret passage to the fourth floor. The password was Beati pacifici. 
Behind the scenes
- He may be related to the former Minister for Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour.
- On "The Quest of Sir Cadogan" feature on Disc 2 of the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban DVD, Brutus's portrait appears to be inverted horizontally.
- Despite the fact that Brutus had a portrait hung at Hogwarts Castle in 1993, he was still alive at that point.
The name "Brutus" is a Roman cognomen meaning "heavy" in Latin. Famous bearers include Lucius Junius Brutus, the traditional founder of the Roman Republic, and Marcus Junius Brutus, the statesman who conspired to assassinate Julius Caesar.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Appears in portrait(s)) (Unnamed)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Quidditch Through the Ages (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "The Quest of Sir Cadogan" feature on Disc 2 of the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban DVD.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) - GBA version
- ↑ As Quidditch Through the Ages (real) (on which a commentary written by Brutus can be read in "Praise for Quidditch Through the Ages") lists events taking place in 1994.
Armoury · Charms Corridor · Class 34 · Classroom 2E · Classroom 3C · Clock Tower Entrance · Flipendo Challenge · Lumos Challenge · Wingardium Leviosa Challenge · Gunhilda of Gorsemoor Corridor · Hesperius Hall · Jinx Rooms · The Tower · Library · One-Eyed Witch Passage · Storeroom · Third Floor Corridor · Trophy Room · Trophy Secret Passage · Turret Stairwell · Vastus Vestibule
Basil Fronsac · Brutus Scrimgeour · Damara Dodderidge · Drunk Monks · Google Flange · Gunhilda of Gorsemoor · Helena Ravenclaw · Merwyn the Malicious · Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington · Shepherdess · Temeritus Shanks · Valeria Myriadd · Witch in green · Witch in Pompadour hairstyle · Wizard in black · Wizard in red
Class 67 · Cuthbert Binns's office · Fourth Floor balcony · Fourth Floor Corridor · Fourth Floor hospital tower corridor · Hogwarts Library · Mirror of Erised storage room · Restricted Section · Study Area