Brazil is the largest country in South America (and also the only one with a primary language of Portuguese, rather than Spanish). Brazil is home to much of the Amazon rainforest. Its capital is Brasília. Teresina may be a city within it that contains a number of wizarding residents, as the Daily Prophet considered its weather of note.
Magical Beasts and Beings
- In 1991, Harry Potter talked to a snake that was a boa constrictor of Brazilian descendent. When Harry freed the snake, it left saying: "Brazil, here I come ... Thanksss, amigo."
- Fire Slugs are native to the Brazilian rainforest.
- Ron Weasley says that his brother Bill had a pen-friend who attended a wizarding school in Brazil. When his pen-friend wanted him to go on exchange trip, Bill had to decline because his parents could not afford it. Unfortunately, his pen-friend got offended and sent Bill a cursed hat that made his ears shrivel up.
Magical Games and Sports
- The Brazilian National Quidditch team have reached the quarter-finals of the Quidditch World Cup in the last century.
- Brazil is located in South America, where Quodpot shares popularity with Quidditch.
Behind the scenes
- Alfie Enoch, who plays Dean Thomas in the films series, is the son of a Brazilian mother and an English father.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the Durmstrang student who performs the poultry and other stunts is interpreted by a Brazilian.
- The translator of Harry Potter series in Brazil is Lia Wyler.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)