Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Well, I've bin doin' some readin'. Got this outta the library — Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit — it's a bit outta date, o' course, but it's all in here. Keep the egg in the fire, 'cause their mothers breathe on em, see, an' when it hatches, feed it on a bucket o' brandy mixed with chicken blood every half hour."
- —Rubeus Hagrid to Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger[src]
Brandy is enjoyed in both both the Muggle and the Wizarding world: Vernon Dursley used to drink a large brandy to calm himself down, Marjorie Dursley seemed to quite enjoy having brandy after dinner, Cornelius Fudge was offered a brandy at The Leaky Cauldron (though he chose a pot of tea instead), Albus Dumbledore once asked Rubeus Hagrid for a "cup of tea. Or a large brandy" and Rubeus Hagrid asked Molly Weasley for a bottle of brandy "fer medicinal purposes" after the Battle of the Seven Potters (Hagrid went on to drink it straight down in one). One of the methods of raising a newborn dragon is feeding it a bucket of brandy mixed with chicken blood every half hour.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and references
- ↑ "Brandy" on Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 2 (The Vanishing Glass)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 2 (Aunt Marge's Big Mistake)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 3 (The Knight Bus)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 21 (Hermione's Secret)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 5 (Fallen Warrior)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 14 (Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback)